Follow by Email

Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Dream Complete!


In the early morning hours, as dawn approaches, the castle appears out of the gloom of night.








As the light strikes the east wall, it illuminates the details of the one story design. I didn't want to create the usual "castle". This is the results of daydreams, and imagination.


The railroad runs around the base of the castle. It stand above on it's rocky prom anode, measuring 20" tall, and 34" long X 21" wide. Perfect for a 16" doll with headroom {allowing for bonnets, feathers, and hairstyles.}.



The east side of the castle rises above a waterfall and pond.


The outcropping allows for a fireplace on the inside.



This is the inside as it is being completed.



The bricks helped to hold the walls in place as the glue dried. The opening is the fireplace, which I also tiled and grouted.


This is the fireplace complete with the mantel and surround. I think it turned out pretty nice. As if it was waiting for a fire to be laid.






The rest of the room, finished.


A completed view in the open end


{Well, I had to be able to get inside somewhere}


The turret room is now the music room.

Ellowyne is now at home in her castle. I think she is pondering what to call this magnificent new place, born of a dream in a garden.


Saturday, September 20, 2014

Among my Garden Dreams

When I started this spring to decide what I was going to try to do, I never dreamed I would complete much of what I had set out to accomplish. And yet, some how, I have completed quite a few things, and here in the last days of summer/fall I have finished the castle.
   Not only the outside but inside as well.


 Although a dark picture, it shows the coloring of the tiles very well. This is the pond side of the castle.





On the other side of the castle I have added windows {non-opening, just for appearance }

The inside of the turret room before adding flooring.


The room inside before adding paneling and fireplace surround.



The fireplace was tiled as well, and it wasn't easy, as I had to almost crawl inside to work on it..
 


A picture of the open end before completion.



 This is the end wall with paneling


 

The turret room with flooring {and that was not easy trying to cut it intro a half round piece}.


I will add pictures of the inside completed tomorrow.