Friday, April 10, 2015

Out with the old and in with the new….

  Last year I wondered if the old arbor would survive the winter. Well, with a bit of propping up it did, but I had promised myself this spring I would take it down and get something new and nice for the Virginia Creepers to grow on. Pulling the vines off the old arbor was a nightmare, and then trying to get them back onto the new arbor was slow and I lost a lot of vines and shoots in the process. But enough remained to get them back up off the ground and this summer they will regrow and create a nice little alcove to sit and watch the train as it runs around the track.
I'm so glad I got it done early as it was beginning to sprout buds and turn green. Now it can grow in peace, and I won't have to disturb it again for perhaps another 20 years {if ever}.





It looks nice there doesn't it?

No comments: