Saturday, June 9, 2012

At long last

The railway is now a work in progress. I have dug this side of the garden at least 4 times, and the grass has grown back in spades. So, now I'm laying landscaping cloth, after I dig the roots yet again. I have found this to work in the formal garden, so I'm going to use it here as well. This way at least I have a fighting chance of staying ahead of the root growth, and keeping the railway clear of grass and weeds.



This is how it looked to begin with…..



And the start of digging….



This was the last I did today…..
The pond that will be next to the castle is in the ground, and some of the ground cloth is laid. The castle will be built to one side of the pond {not sure yet}. But now I can start building the castle and extend the cloth covered sections  to either side. This will take some time, but should be a lot of fun creating. That pile of rock has mostly flat sides that was saved for this purpose. I will add some little goldfish to this pond to keep the biting bugs down. I want to plant little cattails, and bog irises  in one end to add color.
  Now to start piling up the rock and creating the "hill" the castle will be built on. There is way to m ugh work to be done in a day, but I hope by the end of the summer I have it well on it's way to being done.Check back to see how it's going.

No comments: